At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007

At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007
Enjoying a beautiful day!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thing #1

Sitting in Kathy Dumas' CIS writing class in the spring of 1994, I wrote about how email was going to change the future of tomorrow. Now more than fifteen years have passed since I last analyzed technology in a classroom assignment. In the interim, technology has changed so much, yet I haven't had the opportunity to think thoroughly about its impact on my life or the development of my students. It's ironic that today I will continue to write and learn about technology as I attempt to navigate the expanse divide as a teacher and learner.

Apparently the standards of information literacy are now included as a part of the United States History course in St. Paul. I am excited to add these standards to address how students research, retrieve, and use reliable sources.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Speaking of Kathy Dumas, my 40+ year old neighbor said she had her for an English teacher. Small world.

Anonymous said...

Glad you will have the opportunity for more learning around technology and teaching. How did you do with your predictions about email? It would be fun to hear more about how you thought email would change tomorrow. And what do you see today that will change "tomorrow/"

Kita Vang Her said...

Hi Linda,
It's so interesting that we are all connected to Kathy- She taught all my family members and it was nice for my family to see her at last year's graduation!