At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007

At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007
Enjoying a beautiful day!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Thing #36 Social Networking

I finally asked my niece to show me her myspace personal site and I have to say that I am very uncomfortable with using it as my social networking site. I don't want to expose anypart of myself in myspace, although my niece said that you can block and allow people on your site. What do other people think of myspace? After looking at niece's myspace site I didn't even want to explore Facebook!
I talked to my husband and found out that he uses a social network called "Linkedin" to network with his graduate classmates. They often shared ideas from academic readings, shared job announcements, and worked through projects together. This sounded much more like the networking I am interested in-
Am I just "out" of the social networking happening today?

1 comment:

Karen said...

I was completely turned off by myspace, too. However, Facebook is much more streamlined -- you don't have to have all the bells and whistles and it looks more 'professional' though I've heard that LinkedIn is the "most" professional social networking site. Anyway, my point is that you may want to look at facebook since it is much different than myspace.