At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007

At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007
Enjoying a beautiful day!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thing #11: All About Google

Okay- so I did learn more about Google- our PLC group lead by Linda went over some very important information about Google-

Here are some helpful tips:
-teach the students what is a domain
- as students research through Google, have them look at the domain for .edu, .org, .gov, these domains will give students more reliable information.
-students can use the "advance search options" to help narrow information
-many of our students do not want to read a full page information, you can teach them to use the Cached option next to the link to organize information to make reading easier
-students can also use * to ask Google for an answer- the civil war started in *
-Google also have so many options- I used the calender option to schedule an online meeting with a professor at the U- as an undergraduate student before the growth of technology, I had to make a phone call!

I will post more info about Google as I learn more- my students will do a research project in December using ROR sites and Google- I will blog more about it.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow -- you remembered so much! Your students are lucky to have such a caring, tech-savvy teacher. Linda