At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007

At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007
Enjoying a beautiful day!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thing #17 One New Thing: Moodle

On our staff development day, I took Moodle training from my colleague, Pete Grebner. I found out that the district has discontinued using Blackboard and replaced it with Moodle. It is a neat program- apparently it offers more than urban planet. Some of the unique things about Moodle are:
-Students can take quizzes and Moodle will grade it for staff
-teachers can create interactive programs such as crossword puzzles, diagrams
-teachers can post all curriculum units on Moodle and "hide" certain units until students are ready to access the units
-students can use Moodle to participate in classroom discussions
-most colleges and universities are using Moodle

1 comment:

Linda said...

I was talking to Pete about Moodle too and I think it sounds great, especially the test creator and grader. I'll be interested to hear if you like it when you use it. Linda