At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007

At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007
Enjoying a beautiful day!

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Thing #4

I read Lauren's email about public libraries and I agree that it's one of the most fascinating places in my life. We have a brand new county library in Forest Lake and I love physically being there as well as accessing their online resources. I was thankful to learn about ELM and other resources from public libraries.

I wonder if we can have access to other university libraries, like the U or Hamline? I know when my husband was doing his graduate work, he never left our home but was able to access all the academic periodicals and journals- I know a few years ago a colleague at Humboldt told me that we were able to access academic, peer reviewed journals through a purchased SPPS database, but I'm not sure if we can still access the database.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Kita -- Yes, we still do. It's called Academic Premiere & it's one of the ProQuest sites. I can show you how to access it. Love your pics! Linda

rekomili said...

I hope that you didn't mean me when you wrote "Lauren". I think that Lindsay wrote that!

~Lauren~

rekomili said...

Oh, nevermind, Kita! I did, indeed, write about Libraries. Lindsay wrote a much better post about libraries, however ;) Ugh, it's been quite the day! See you tomorrow at our meeting!

~Lauren~