At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007

At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007
Enjoying a beautiful day!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thing 21: Youtube

I did it! I finally used Youtube! I was hesitant at first because my little nieces and sisters are always on youtube watching foreign films from South Korea or watching taped concerts of the hottest music stars and I felt that it wasn't educational enough for me. My colleague Steve Powers told me that he showed "shift happens" via youtube and I felt better-I remember thinking perhaps it has more than concerts and foreign films-

We were studying the war of 1812 which eventually lead to the Indian Removal Act. I looked for a video clip of the "Trail of Tears" and it was great! This clip showed how the Cherokee nation was moved west with a wonderful music score. I have posted the video clip from youtube on my blog-

I did talk to Linda and I like what Linda had to say... "the Internet is so big with so much stuff, remember it's your job to teach students how to find the educational purpose of the internet."
So, I guess instead of fearing the internet I can teach the educational purpose of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great that you dipped into YouTube--there is a lot there that is good and a lot that is NOT! But how cool that your neices and nephews can easily watch films from South Korea. And that we could, too.