At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007

At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007
Enjoying a beautiful day!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Thing #21 YouTube and More

I posted a blog about Youtube before but as I am using it more, I have to say that students have so much to say about teachers and Youtube:

-I thought we couldn't use it in school
-can we listen to a music video after this video?
-you have to pause the video and let it load for a few minutes before uploading it for us to watch
-I can't believe that my teacher is using Youtube!

I really feel uncomfortable using the Youtube website, because I'm never sure what will pop out as the most watched video- so what I did was create a blog for my class and upload the Youtube video form there- as Linda suggested to me, always do the prep work before you show Youtube- I'm not able to upload Youtube videos to my urban planet website- if anyone knows how to do it, please let me know!

I'm not sure if anyone has used TeacherTube, I find it more difficult finding video clips- I was looking for a video clip of Darfur but I couldn't find anything that I could use in class, I went back to Youtube and found a good clip which I posted here on the site. Perhaps TeacherTube is still fairly new and has less materials? I'm not sure!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Any luck with United Streaming? Linda

Linda said...

I may be able to help you with posting a You Tube video on your webpage. I'll show you Wed. Linda