At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007

At Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia 2007
Enjoying a beautiful day!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Thing #6 Research Project Calculator

I find it helpful using the research project calculator. I'm doing a project on Minnesota's History in the 11th grade US History class and I used the calculator as a guideline to help figure out where to start. I like many of the probing questions and I appreciate the rubrics.

I'm having problems adjusting the research calculator to fit what I want to have done- it seems too general and I'm not sure if I would have enough time to complete what I need. I'm wondering if teachers feel the same way. I decided to use some of the reflection questions and a few of the probing questions. But then I went back to allowing students to pick topics instead of asking questions. I also wrote my own questions because I wanted students to have more specific guidelines.

The project is due today this week and I will share student's experience and project on one of my next blogs.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I think it is just fine to pick and choose the parts that work for you . . . different parts might work better with different projects, etc. Referring to your other post about this, it's great to hear the students like the reminders!